11.10.2008

Sponsored Video Streaming: Comfort Inn- Good Work

In the last post, I talked about how Prudential sponsored the entire program by placing the same commercial in each break, much to my chagrin. In stark contrast, I found that Comfort Inn took the same opportunity and did something great with it. 

In each break, Comfort Inn had a different 15 second commercial from their campaign, "Get Back to your Comfort Zone," so although I had the same brand offering the same medium each time, I got to see the strategy in a new scenario each time, as well as get entertained (god forbid!) And the best part is that the ads themselves are great, minus some bad acting. Each has a scene where a normal situation gets incredibly awkward. Then it follows up with the tag, "Get back to your comfort zone." One of the best parts about these ads is the fact that the tag line includes the name of the hotel as well as what it stands for as a brand (clearly the point in the naming, I know). It connects the funny ads to the brand and has an easily memorable brand promise. It's witty and it's simple. I like simple. Simple is good.

I only wish they would have had a micro-site where they extended this idea. If you get people entertained, you don't want to let them down. I looked for one but came up with nothing except a really boring and intimidating-looking reservation site.

I can't find the videos on youtube at this time. I'll be sure to post 'em if I find them.

No comments: