11.08.2008

Google Image Labeler

This doesn't necessarily have anything to do with branding, but I thought this was interesting. 

Google image is a great resource, but there's a number of ways it could be improved.  One piece that Google is addressing is the photo tags. To help give users better search results, they are improving the search tags through the Google Image Labeler. You and a randomly selected partner are paired up for two minutes and are given a number of images. You write as many tags as you find appropriate (with the exception of some "off-limit" tags that are more obvious). Once you and your partner come to the same conclusion for a tag, you get points-- the more specific the tag, the more points you get. After two minutes, you get a final score. 

I played a few times and had a good time, and I liked that I was helping Google help me. 

Good move on their part? Bad move? Lemme know what you think.

No comments: